.. business as usual = current trends to continue ...
.. ever more war & CO2 = catastrophe ...
.. that all OK with you?
Subtitle: None should doubt the seriousness of the problems facing us, nor the apparent and total inability of our so-called 'leaders' = usurping puppet/tyrants to even recognise the problem, let alone moving to save our once jewel-like planet's comfortable life-supporting ecosphere.
Disclosure: My aim is best described as IDWT = I Don't Want Trouble, not for myself personally, not for my family & friends, nor for truth, peace & justice seekers any/everywhere. But I *do* want trouble (including with 'extreme prejudice') for liars, cheats, thieves & murderers = US-regime, Israeli-regime (aka Z-ray-hell), plus all SQSH-Os = snivelling quisling sycophantic hangers-on and their filthy accessories, apologists and propagandistic = lying, criminal internet trolls. Also *professional* liars, aka the corrupt & venal MSM, including big bits of the AusBC.
Trigger article 1:
November 17, 2011
The Good Old Days – They Were Simpler
Menu for Today’s Tricky Planet: Use Your Head
by Gabriel Kolko
«The first and most important consideration is that the world’s status quo is heading toward disasters - political and military, ecological, and economic. Violence both between and within countries and ethnic groups is more and more common. A handful of dominant nations - the United States being the preeminent - control the world’s future to a large degree, ... »
Comment: The US *rogue* regime, plus its illegitimate side-kick Israel dominate the world via lies and coercion = ultimately physical violence. They dominate not to lead but to rip-off, hence their ultimate modus operandi: Murder for spoil. That is not the pinnacle of human intelligence but its nadir.
Trigger article 2:
Desktop “Militants” And Public Intellectuals
By James Petras
17 November, 2011
«In the context of the rise of neo-liberal ideology and policies, many progressive writers argue about the “decline of the public sphere”. This argument overlooks the fact that the “public sphere” has increased its role in society, economy and politics on behalf of capital, especially financial capital and foreign investors. The “public sphere”, specifically the state is much more intrusive in civil society as a repressive force, particularly as neo-liberal policies increase inequalities. ...»
Comment 1: Almost the worst 4-letter word on the planet: "Neoliberalism." If ever there was an erring ideology, this is it. Neoliberalism may not be our only problem, but it certainly is a key contributor, along with lies, cheating and theft, ending with murder for spoil.
Comment 2; a Q: How did we get neoliberalism? A: Bipartisanly.
1. The UK; started by Thatcher, continued by Blair.
2. The US; started by Reagan, continued by Clinton.
3. In Aus; started by Hawke/Keating, continued by Howard.
But: Bipartisan = un- & anti-democratic (no choice, see?)
Then: It's the same with support for the US, Israel, wars in general and fossil-fuel burning in particular. We the voters cannot choose a way out, for both Lib/Lab give us essentially the same bipartisan result; choosing Green or some lesser 3rd party is to retreat to the margins.
More: Our so-called 'democracy' is sham; a) lied-to voters (we are) cannot make informed choices, b) as above; bipartisan = un- & anti-democratic = no meaningful choice of candidates, and c) when elected, our so-called 'representatives' more often than not work against our, we the people's interests.
With no action, all we'll get is more of the same = catastrophe.
With no choice we have no chance - unless we the people ourselves begin and complete the effective actions required to save our planet. Perhaps OWS is trying to show us a way; man the barricades, prepare the tumbrels.
Update, 19Nov'11; PS Whereas the prime threat to humans' continued existence on roughly the current scale (~7bio+) is the excess-CO2 caused climate catastrophe, the biggest moral threat comes from the rogue regimes of the US and Israel.
Trigger article 1:
UN passes fresh Iran nuclear resolution
Posted November 19, 2011 07:27:42
«That in turn is likely to disappoint Israel, which has not ruled out military action against its arch-foe if diplomatic means fail to stop a nuclear program which the Jewish state sees as an existential threat. ... »
Comment 1: Israel may have 200-300 nuclear weapons, the US is known to have 1000s (like 5,113, say). Both are in breach of UN laws; if anyone is under nuclear-threat it is the entire non-US/Z world. Consider the statement from Obama: 'All Options on the Table' Over Alleged Iran Plot (or even if Iran looks sideways, one assumes). It is a crime to threaten - aggressive war the worst.
Comment 2: Consider the intemperate language: arch-foe. It is not, never has been, that Iran is threatening anyone; exactly the opposite - as Israel [and/or the US] "has not ruled out military action" *proves* (over and over again). 1st the UK (starting when they began to switch their navy from coal to oil fuel), then the US and now Israel (plus a few other immoral externals like France) are the ME-aggressors.
Comment 3: Like Nuremberg-class war crimes ("To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole"), this 'story' from the AusBC contains within itself accumulated evil by the bucket-full.
1. In the 1st instance, Israel has no right to exist - since it sits on land violently stolen from the mainly Palestinian erstwhile legal owner/occupiers (ELO/Os), and similarly has no right to defend such improperly alienated land/property. The immoral, illegal Z-project should have been terminated - by the UN - no later than Plan Dalet including the Deir Yassin massacre, etc. outrages showed the world what filthy, murdering criminal thieves the invading Zionists were (and still are). Israel cannot be de-legitimised, since it was from the very beginning an outlaw-construct, i.e. never legitimate (= immoral) - the UN had/has no valid authority to allow the violent dispossession of almost an entire country. The 'creation' of Israel was nothing other than a slow-motion war of aggression = Nuremberg-class war crime.
1a. The incredibly biased, pro-Israel reporting by the AusBC - over all the years that I can recall - provides absolute *proof* that the AusBC is itself another rogue.
2. In the 2nd instance, there is no proof of Iran's intent, and even if there were, so what? Iran is already under heavy surveillance (while no one is allowed so much as a peep into Dimona - but many thanks, Vanunu.) Given the asymmetry (many 1000s to 1), Iran could never do a "1st use" - but it could retaliate, such nuclear-gaming was and still is behind the MAD-doctrine. In a nutshell, having just one nuke would effectively prevent a US/Z attack - must be a 100% +ve, yes?
2a. More language: "Last week's IAEA report presented a stash of intelligence ..." - both the US and Z-ray-hell are known to 'invent' = lie; see 'reports' about 'stolen (Iranian) laptops,' say. Use of "stash," even if merely 'stenographed' by the AusBC shows its unprofessionalism.
3. That the UN can so act *proves* (over and over again) that the UN is itself corrupt. From 1948, allowing the horrible travesty that is Israel, from not stopping the aggressive, "Shock'n Whore" attack on Iraq 2003, then 2011 = now allowing the US/NATO(F+UK) rape of Libya, the UN shows itself as part of the problem - exactly the opposite of its stated purpose. When someone says one thing and does another, that's the exact definition of "Liar!"
4. "The IAEA's 35-nation board passed a resolution with a clear majority ..." illustrates how democracy is perverted, by US/Z coercion of the SQSH-Os = snivelling quisling sycophantic hangers-on. These people, so-called 'diplomats' are much better briefed (one would think) than I can ever be, yet they collude with the world's worst rogues against a hapless picked-upon oil-owner = Iran, just because the US can't bring Iran 'to heel' (why should it?) - and Israel continuously quivers in its illegitimate boots - because Israel knows it's 100% in the wrong, and deserves one day to be brought to justice. Best, soonest.
Trigger article 2:
Arctic sea ice is melting at its fastest pace in almost 40 years
John Vidal, environment editor
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 11 September 2011 22.20 BST
«Arctic sea ice has melted to a level not recorded since satellite observations started in 1972 – and almost certainly not experienced for at least 8,000 years, say polar scientists. ... »
Comment: As long as there remains just a bit of ice in the Esky, the beer can remain cool. The Arctic ice is going, soon to be gone.
Fazit: The world is warming dangerously, most probably catastrophically - due to a) human action = burning ever-more fossil-carbon, but more importantly b) due to a total lack of effective action from our so-called 'leaders,' who prefer to play at war = murder for spoil, than work on our behalf to save the planet. Time they, as all other criminals, were brought to justice. Best, soonest.
= no chance;
effective action required
Posted by IDHolm at 09:51